JP came down with the gross cold bug that I had a week ago, so house projects have been setback a little. Even though he was sick, he managed to finish fixing the floor in the bathroom. The root cellar in the basement also got ripped out. This opened the basement up a lot and is allowing a little more light in making the basement feel even bigger.
This weekend the floor will be jacked up from downstairs and then walls will be built for the bedroom, master bathroom, and closets. I think once the floor is leveled things will start moving along a little faster. I'm excited to see the end result and to get decorating.
I was browsing the WWW last week and I came across some awesome furniture tutorials! In effort to save a little cash, JP and I have decided to try DIY'ing some furniture. We're going to attempt to build a bed, nightstand, dresser, and the cabinetry for the master closet. We're going to try the bed first, which will hopefully turn out looking a little like this:
I'm very excited to try out some DIY. This way the bed will be something that we both like and since JP is a little picky on colors, we can suit it to our needs. Once that project comes underway, I will be posting updates and how it turned out.
Once the room is a little closer to being complete, I will post some inspiration pictures and some ideas I have for the design/decor. For now, opinions are mixed on colors and ideas for the bedroom. JP wants something more dark and I'd like something a little brighter. Finding bedding has also been difficult so far, hopefully we can find something that we both like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment