Tuesday, July 10, 2012

See ya later Chimney!

So, the progress at the house has been pretty slow lately.  We've both been super busy this summer and now JP's been doing a lot of this:


Over the week of the Fourth of July I was able to get away for a little family vacation.  It was very relaxing and I was able to finally get a break from the every day go around.  JP and I also took some time to head out and see the fireworks with some friends on Friday.


Newest progress at the house is that the chimney is now gone from the corner of the kitchen.  Before, the chimney was boxed in and sticking out like a sore thumb in the corner of the room.  The chimney is no longer in use since the previous owners put in a new HVAC system so it was time to say see you later!  I've probably said this numerous times along the timeline of this project, but now that the chimney is gone, progress should be moving along.  This will allow us to move in the bathtub into the main bathroom and get moving on the kitchen.  Here is the chimney halfway knocked out (not the best quality photography):


Here is the area with new ceiling joices where the chimney once went through the roof (much better!):


And here is the new view from the outside:


Next on the agenda is taking down the huge eye-sore of a pine tree in the backyard.  The tree is monsterous and I cannot wait to see it go!  I don't have a really good picture of how massive this tree actually is, but keep in mind the house is two stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment